The Datavideo HS-2800 Hand-Carried HD/SD Mobile Studio is a 12-channel 10-bit 1920 x 1080i broadcast quality mobile switcher. The HS-2800 is suitable for TV and video professionals working on location or in temporary video studios such as theaters, conference centers, and live performance venues. The flexibility of the HS-2800 also makes it a solution for the worship, education, and AV market. The unit comes built into a rugged plastic carry case with a 17.3″ LCD monitor mounted into the lid. The system is completely pre-wired and self-contained. Bring it to the location, open the lid, power up, plug in the inputs/outputs, and you are set to go.
Even though it is small, compact, and easily transportable, the HS-2800 is not short on features you would expect to find in a professional switcher. It is equipped with an eight-way intercom system and is supplied with four intercom units, headsets, and tally lights. The switcher features 12 input channels, and can input HD/SD-SDI and HDMI signals, four balanced analog audio inputs (two stereo channels), and supports embedded audio. The switcher provides two HD-SDI outputs, and an HDMI monitor output, as well as two balanced analog audio outputs. It features adjustable audio delay on each input, so you don’t need additional equipment if you need to delay your audio. Switcher functions include the T-Bar for manual transitions, two downstream keyers, and a choice of cut, mix, and wipe transitions. You can also control the switcher remotely via RS-422 protocols. As the unit powers with 12 VDC using a standard 4-pin XLR, you can power it from an available battery or power supply, making it equally usable in a location or out in the field.
The built-in monitor features the following functionality:
- Toggle between preview and program output and HDMI monitor input.
- Preview allows you to view the inputs from up to twelve sources (with additional input board) on the same screen with tally information as a border on the image
- Program shows you the finished switched output including graphic overlays
- HDMI monitor input is a full-screen display from a separate HDMI source and can’t be switched or displayed in the preview
- HDMI output can be set to either program or preview display and fed to an external HDMI monitor
- Blue button turns off the red and green components to display only the blue image.
- Pattern button activates the color bar display.
- PIP allows you to adjust the position, size, main, and sub source.
- 4:3 / 16:9 selectable
- 4:3 mask is available in 16:9 mode
- Safe Area mask is on/off selectable
- Volume/Mute controls headphone/speaker volume
12 Volt Power
- RJ-45 Ethernet port allows you to:
- Load logos and configure the unit.
- Upgrade the firmware.
- USB port provides power for the LED light.
- 15-pin connector for upgrading the firmware.
- 9-pin connector for RS-422 control.
- 25-pin connector for sending and receiving tally signals from up to 12 cameras.
- GPI can be used for simple external control